The Get Windows 10 (GWX) campaign was a Microsoft initiative that encouraged users of the Windows 7 and 8.1 operating systems to upgrade to Windows 10. The campaign began on May 5, 2015, and ended on July 29, 2016.
The initiative was part of Microsoft's push to have Windows 10 installed on one billion devices by 2018. As part of the campaign, Microsoft released several promotional videos and held events to promote the benefits of upgrading to Windows 10.
The campaign was controversial, with some users accusing Microsoft of using aggressive and intrusive tactics to get people to upgrade. Microsoft denied these accusations, and said that the campaign was designed to give users a choice about upgrading.
Despite the controversy, the campaign was successful, and Windows 10 was installed on over 700 million devices by May 2017.
Can I still download Windows 10 for free 2021?
Yes, you can still download Windows 10 for free in 2021. Microsoft has not changed its policy on free Windows 10 upgrades since it was first introduced in 2015. If you have a valid Windows 7 or 8.1 product key, you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
How do I get Windows 10 if I have Windows 11? If you have Windows 11, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. To do so, go to the Windows 10 download page and select the "Upgrade Now" button. This will start the upgrade process, and you'll be prompted to accept the terms and conditions. Once you do, the upgrade will begin downloading and installing.
How do I upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10?
1. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and click "Download tool now".
2. Run the downloaded tool.
3. Choose "Create installation media for another PC" and click "Next".
4. Choose the language, edition, and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) for Windows 10.
5. Choose whether to create the media for USB or ISO file, then click "Next".
6. Connect your USB drive or choose the location of your ISO file, then click "Next".
7. Choose whether to "Upgrade this PC now" or "Create installation media for another PC", then click "Next".
8. If you choose to upgrade, Windows 10 will install and activate automatically.
9. If you choose to create installation media, you can use it to install Windows 10 on another PC. Is Windows 10 free now 2022? Windows 10 is not free now in 2022. It was free for a limited time after it was released in 2015, but now it costs $139 for the Home edition and $199 for the Pro edition.
How do I download Windows 10 without a product key?
1. Go to the Microsoft Windows 10 download page.
2. Select "Download Tool Now" and run the downloaded file.
3. Select "Create installation media for another PC" and click "Next".
4. Choose the language, edition, and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) you want, and then click "Next".
5. Select "USB flash drive" as the media to use, and then click "Next".
6. Plug in your USB flash drive, select it, and then click "Next".
7. Click "Finish" and the tool will start downloading Windows 10.
Once the download is complete, you can use the USB flash drive to install Windows 10 on any PC without a product key.