Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.
Geocaches can be found all over the world and come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and difficulty levels. Once a geocache is found, the player can log their success online.
Is geocaching still a thing 2021? Yes, geocaching is still a thing in 2021. There are currently over 3 million active geocaches around the world, and the number of geocachers is growing every day. Geocaching is a great activity for people of all ages and abilities, and it can be done anywhere in the world.
How do you set up a scavenger hunt geocache?
There are a few things you'll need in order to set up a scavenger hunt geocache:
1. A GPS device. This is necessary in order to create the geocache and track its location.
2. A container. This will be used to store the items you'll be hiding for the scavenger hunt.
3. Something to hide the container with. This could be anything from leaves and sticks to a tarp or blanket.
4. Items to put in the container. These could be anything you want, but make sure they're small enough to fit inside the container.
5. A logbook. This is optional, but it's a good idea to include one so that people can log their find.
To create the geocache, simply hide the container in the location you've chosen and use the GPS device to mark its coordinates. Then, create a listing for the geocache on a geocaching website or app. Be sure to include the coordinates, a description of the location, and a list of the items you've hidden.
What is geocache hunt? Geocaching is an outdoor activity in which participants use a GPS device to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches", at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world. A typical cache is a waterproof container with a logbook where geocachers enter the date they found it. Some caches are more difficult to find than others, and some may require special equipment or knowledge to locate.
What are the three main rules of geocaching?
The three main rules of geocaching are:
1. Seek only with permission.
2. Do not damage or disturb.
3. Cache in, trash out. Can you make money geocaching? Yes, you can make money geocaching, but it is not a get-rich-quick scheme. Geocaching can be a fun and rewarding hobby, but it takes time, effort, and patience to find enough caches to make a significant amount of money. The best way to make money geocaching is to find and sell high-value items, or to find and trade for rare items.