Blu-ray, also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD), is a digital optical disc data storage format. It was designed to supersede the DVD format, and is capable of storing several hours of video in high-definition (HDTV) and ultra high-definition resolution (4K). Blu-ray discs are also used for storing large amounts of data, such as video games.
What Blu-ray means?
The Blu-ray disc format is designed for the high-definition video market. The format was developed to enable the storage of high-definition content on a disc with the same dimensions as a standard DVD. Blu-ray discs are capable of storing up to 25 GB of data, which is enough to store approximately 2 hours of high-definition video. Is Blu-ray still a thing? Yes, Blu-ray is still a thing. In fact, it's become more popular than ever, thanks to the rise of streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime. Blu-ray offers a higher quality picture and sound than streaming services, so it's still the preferred format for many people. What is the difference between Blu-ray and DVD? The difference between Blu-ray and DVD is that Blu-ray has a higher storage capacity than DVD. Blu-ray also has a higher data transfer rate, which means that it can store and playback high-definition video and audio. How many GB can a Blu-ray hold? A standard Blu-ray can hold up to 25 GB of data.
What are the disadvantages of Blu-ray?
The disadvantages of Blu-ray are:
1. The cost of Blu-ray players and discs is still relatively high compared to DVD.
2. Blu-ray discs hold less data than DVDs (25GB vs 4.7GB), so you may need more discs to store the same amount of data.
3. Blu-ray discs are more fragile than DVDs and are more susceptible to scratches and damage.
4. Blu-ray players are not compatible with all TVs and home theater systems.
5. Blu-ray players are not as widely available as DVD players.